Wednesday, October 1, 2008

sOunD adViCE

'USEful' advice i've been given in my life -

yr 1998 act 4 scene 12
moving from all girls high school to co-ed college.
after breaking the news to dad's bro, he glares at me -
~"you better watch your step. i know 'people' in mangalore city {ooooh sinister!! }. one stray step off the path lady and ur out of that college. u better not let our family name be dragged in the mud." { NO idea wat was going thru his head... }

yr 1999 act 1 scene 5
the all girls high school headmistress when signing some form
~"don't stare at the boys in ur co-ed college. i heard your always doing that"
{ waaaaaaaaaaaaat?????? ack !!! those days, i thot guys were made from snails and puppy dog tails and smelly socks .... } { nothing happened in the next 9 yrs to change that opinion :P }

yr 2000 act 3 scene 26
i go to a random ajji {grandma} to tell her i'm leaving mangalore for engineering. off to a hostel in mysore. so she looks at me with a gimlet eye {prob the only occasion in my life i'll need this adjective} -
~"don't run off with a scheduled caste guy and get married in the najangud temple."
{ OK ajji }

yr 2006 act 16 scene 3
i tell my best friends i'm off to US for my MS. they look at me -
~"don't turn into a hippie and work at a gas station around the country to support your drug habit"
{ damn it! you know me too well }

some random one's along the way
~"u shud keep in touch with friends. its important to have these connections."
then i didnt get a call from her for the next 6 years. she wudnt pick up the phone when i called her either. { sounds familiar? mebe i'm talking about YOU }

~"ok,you find your own guy. just make sure he's vegetarian..... and a hindu.... and a brahmin....and is from our city....and can speak tulu."
{ wat?? }

~"i found this guy. you have to 'talk' to him. just don't... talk."
{ i can't even begin on this one. mebe, i answer a call, and nod my head }

4 comments:

  1. Act 3 was the best of all ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yr 2008 act 2 scene 4
    While giggling on the phone with the doc

    "...if you don't tell me about your any of your on-going affair(s)/marriage talk(s), expect one tight slap the day we meet..."

    Why on earth should some nerd mock a fellow nerd in such a mean manner! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Doc does not giggle. if the Doc ever giggles in any point of time, your authorized to take out said Doc.
    as in... permanently.
    dude ! not for dinner. i meant the kind thats done with a sniper rifle.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was the one giggling.

    I wish the doc said it when I was in her vicinity!

    Since the sniper stuff is pretty restricted, I would go with the dinner :P

    khana banao, mujhko bulao

    ReplyDelete