Saturday, October 18, 2008

nO moRe PaiN oN mY fiNgER

I am a coward.
OK i admit it.

also i have a really really low threshold of pain....
so small nicks = lots of whining.
anytime i cut my finger in the kitchen [ which is most times i try to cook... why do they make such tricky graters??? ] i end up telling everyone
"i cut my finger, it hurts :("
"omg show me, are u ok ??? " [ lots of concern from ppl who don't know me yet and my ability to exaggerate beyond all human capabilities... ] [ hey thats why i love making new friends, can milk them for all they got before they'r broken in... and jaded ]
"oh its nothing, its really nothing, i'm not that hurt { trying to be brave face}" [ no really. let it go already. its really nothing. it was just a miniscule nick that you have to spend 20 sec searching for and sometimes even i can't find it. and its really embarassing to show it to you. just stop with the sympathy and don't ask to see the finger. then we're fine :-| ]

but on the other hand , when i'm really really not well. perversely thats when i decide that i'm perfectly fine.
"hey you don't look so gud, are you ok? you haven't moved from that chair in a while"
[ where i had such a low bloodcount and so sevcerely anemic that i couldn't get up. ]
"no no i'm perfectly fine. i WANT to sit here for the last hour. i'm thirsty. i've just been building up strength to get the glass of water for the last 45 minutes... ]

"hey how are you feeling now?"
"oh perfectly fine. infact i feel like i can play football now"
[ never played football in my life. and i'm lying on a hospital bed, with the second bottle of blood dripping into me. ]

its a strange perversity. but there you have it.
there's an excellant quote you'd like
"Everyone's normal till you get to know them"

:P
nice no?
[ to say in the style of the vernaculur ]

1 comment:

  1. ok ok tell me your address, I'll send you a "GET_WELL_SOON" greeting.

    ReplyDelete