Wednesday, November 12, 2008

LoOkiNg bAck aT tHeM

i know you don't believe me that i make friends with all kinds of people. i mean, seriously anyone. if i think ur even remotely not boring, i'll talk to u.
for example, now you cud make the case that A.A.the.jackass is a moron. a complete nincompoop. a jackass as his name suggests whose brains were swapped with a lab monkey. you cud say that.
i won't.
but he's a friend. a gud friend in fact. most people won't even talk to him coz he's wierd. wooops i wasn't supposed to let him know that.

or most people wud say the desperate.for.gf guy was a complete despo and a wierdo. ppl wud. not me. but he's a friend too [ i know, with friends like me , u sooo don't need enemies ]

but i was just thinking of the random ppl i made friends with.
i have a nice list. mebe its normal. mebe u have a similar list. mebe u have a BIGGER list.
i'm not interested in ur list. just keep it with u.... ok?
and by friends i mean, theyr on my mailing list, or i have their email id. or that we have/had a conversation for more than an hour. thats the baseline
so here it goes

security guard at my part time job in pitts
security guards at my office now [ wat can i say, they seem to like me. and most of them are awfully nice ppl ]
telephone booth operator in mys [ i actually keep in touch with him through email, turns out he was an engg doing a part time job till he got a proper job. he's married with a kid now ]
guy sitting next to me on an airplane [ turns out he was a major salesperson for Sony and he has a son studying in ASU ]
guy eating idli sambar across me in my daily idli sambar brkfast place [ turns out we were both ibmers, from mlore and we had common friends. and we lived close by ]
girl i wud meet in the bus on the way to high school. she was in college that time. [ she taught me how to kick eve teasers in the shins or the toes. and how to attack them with safety pins or umbrellas ]
girl i wud meet in the bus on the way back everyday from high school. she wud walk back home with me. [ turns out she was her high school topper ]
random guy in my blore gym [ turns out he worked for cisco in california, and was searching for a tamil bride for the last 6 yrs ]
shuttle bus driver for my school in pitts. [ awfully nice grandpa types. i actually miss him sometimes. he had the cutest kids. aaaw ]
girl 5 yrs younger than me, in pharmacy college. [ dont even rem how we ended up as bff. she told me to do my MS ]
girl in my driving class in mlore [ she got married later and a job out there ]
girl who waited in the same bus stand as me everyday. [ hey it was 3 yrs.. everysingle day. we'd wait for that stupid 1B bus together ]
ooh ooh
married lady with a small kid and whose husband was in dubai, and who worked in the bus pass office in mlore. [ man that was one lucky aquaintance, i didnt have to wait
in the queue with the rest of the ppl. i'd just give my pass application to this lady in the morning, and by evening i wud get my pass.
she was like the head honcho there... :P ]
the pav bhaji guy in adigas, near my house in blore. he'd start making pav bhaji the sec he saw me
coz he knew. thats wat i always got from there. so i didnt have to wait there either :P

i was really gud friends with some of these ppl [ not the pav bhaji guy though ]. like discuss what u want to be when u grow up kind of.
giving advice kind of friends...
i don't know. its nice to list them somewhere so that i don't forget them...
its like a minor dedication to them.

u know?

7 comments:

  1. very sweet..

    so u finally cooed at ur drivers' kids.. not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To see a World in a Grain of Sand
    And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour.

    - William Blake

    and thats my answer

    ReplyDelete
  3. who the heck said my answers had to make any sense ???

    ReplyDelete
  4. arrey A.A.the.jackass
    i didnt know you had gone to IIT Bombay...

    huh u have changed... u seem like a completely different person !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. where did IITB come into the scene?

    ReplyDelete
  6. where did S korea come into the picture...

    i know i know
    u only wanted an opening to introduce your S korean gf to the public.
    OK i'll do it for you. everyone? A.A.the.jackass's gf.

    A.A.the.jackass's gf? here's everyone.

    ReplyDelete