Wednesday, November 5, 2008

tHey dOn'T gEt iT

when i tell people i love books, i'm just given a tolerant smile. and when i tell them i have close to a thousand including magazines and comics and kindergarden books and stuff lying around in my house in mlore, thats when their jaw drops and they gimme a 'are u nuts' kind of look.

hey i don't just love books. i literally worship them. i think that Calvin and Hobbes is the word of God and i cried when DAX died [ he's a character in a book ]
if my house was burning i'd go back in to save my books, and when i die i'm taking them with me. i think each and every book can teach us something and can be considered a bible [ except for the book 'the monk who sold his ferrari'. thats just crap. unfortunately ]

DC your the only one to ever borrow a book from me and not return it. and i swear i'm dodging you to the gates of hell if you don't give it back. and NO, don't keep the book hoping that you'll have some company in hell. you DO NOT want me to nag you for all eternity about the book you owe me.
:P


and when i'm reading the whole world kinda fades away to just being an annoying gnat. and the only time i ever stole money from my piggy bank [ or from anyone ] was when i really really wanted that Archies comic book when i was 8.
and when 4 of my relatives would gimme money [ 200 - 500 bucks! ] for new clothes on diwali and yugadi and stiff and demand to see the dress next time, i'd show all of them this one dress, claiming that it was paid for by them and then buy books with the rest of the money. yup. i'd lie, cheat do anything for more books.
coz in my family, reading books was tabboo. and they'd say u'll get glasses, you start thinking too much, you shudn't read so much coz it gives u random unwanted ideas of insurrection and equality and visiting africa [ phantom comics ]....
and buying books was considered a waste of time [ u read it only once, what do u do after that?? ] and stuff.

man i love books. and once my mom caught me reading when i was supposed to be taking a nap. and she tore it [ TORE IT :O ] and threw it away [ wow thats harsh dude ]. i think i spent the next 3 hours sitting and bawling next to the garbage can. [ i was 9? 6? who knows?? ]

yup.

i love em.

and if i have to be stranded on a deserted island, with no one else, but with a lifetime supply of books, i would be perfectly content.

1 comment:

  1. You should have posted and I should have read this post before sharing that stupid 19682 coursebook. (I completely made up the last 3 digits)

    Life would have been so much better!

    ReplyDelete