Friday, April 20, 2007

tiS a sHaME



I couldn't find anything more appropriate. Ofcourse the song doesn't apply per se.
But, this is a song to say Goodbye and never fails to make me think of the transitory nature of life.

GoodBye Minal Panchal.
I didnt know you, but I can imagine your life. Your hopes and dreams. with what excitement you would have come to the US. Sure that an MS would help you get on a little better in this world. Sure that life would hold many surprises and adventures. Sure that your whole life was ahead of you.
You would never have thought that the journey would be so short. I hope you don't have major regrets. I hope you danced.... and loved.... and traveled... and told your parents that you loved them.

Were you happy ? Or were you like the rest of us , too busy planning for the future and waiting for something to happen, to start being happy. Oh you know what I mean. All of us think we'll be happy , if we get something or we complete a phase.
I'll be happy once I get my degree, once I get married once I get a job, once I....
The list never seems to end does it ?

How does one deal with this kind of senseless tragedy ? None of those who died, deserved to die. We couldn't say, oh he was a drug addict, its ok he dies, or she was too old anyways... or watever. there is just no way you can look at it rationally and explain to yourself that there was some meaning to it.

Well this song is dedicated to you Minal. I may find it too creepy to leave you a message on Orkut, but this is my two-bits in wishing you a peaceful rest. May you have been happy till the end. May the end have been quick. If there's such a thing as heaven , may you be happy there.

And may the rest of us learn a lil bit that life is too short to spend, not being happy, coz you never know when its your turn to spin the wheel.

2 comments:

  1. Goddamnit.

    You didn't mention a zilch about the enormous effort of brainstorming I did for you yest'day! Thr was so much that I enlightened you about using the various vivid, living examples that passed by us in CIC :P

    Hope you have a better insight on what_to_do_next!

    U meanie :D Have fun in Florida :)

    -Ankur

    ReplyDelete
  2. this blog ain't for such 'heavy' topics :P

    hey haven't decided on florida at all .. who knows where life will take us!

    ReplyDelete