Tuesday, April 10, 2007

hOw mANy liNEs oF cOde ?

I tried really hard u know,
to get away from it.

oh u know what I'm talking bout ... coding.
as far as i can remember , i tried to get away from coding jobs...
java , C++, C, Perl... all nightmares that I'd avoid like the plague ...

and then i had to come for my MS didnt I?
I had to pick some course didn't I ? I had to pick IMAGE PROCESSING didn't I ??

now its a joke. All i gotta do i code. that too can't give some dumb code.. i gotta write optimal code coz images take up a lot of memory and stuff ..
groan ....

imagine , i got a 4 GB RAM , the latest in Matlab, VC++ at my disposal and I can't get away from writing code in Assembly level style :P

every line of my code is mapped out to how my brain thinks of the problem
every step , theres a for loop or an if...
and god when i come to then end i feel like inserting a GOTO statement !!

:) u rem those?? those amazingly simple operators that directed ur code where u had to go ...
man i miss assembly level languages ... and i miss math. thats all i wanted to do in the first place ... and now it looks like am stuck in this domain forever !

donno how i got sucked into this web of mallocs and hbitmaps and stuff :-/

wud give anything for a PIC and a req to make it do something !! :P
perhaps I am a lil retarded .. i wonder how one tests such things??

No comments:

Post a Comment