Thursday, January 29, 2009

wOrlD iNsiDe mY miRroR

some of the reactions to my photograph which I actually(sadly) THOUGHT was pretty good.....
[ there's nothing like best friends to give you a reality check ]

"you looked fine in the morning, what happened to you?" [ after i got my new haircut.... ]
"good lord , are you ill? you need to see a doctor"
"can i be frank? i think you don't look so cute 'to say it the way i see it'..." [ i think he was being remarkably polite... ]
"its ok except we can see you got bags under your eyes..."
"you got a haircut? i can't tell..."

and THIS one is my fav
"you look like the female in the 'The Ring' movie."

well that certainly makes sure i don't get too vain...
for a female i'd say i was pretty not-vain. i know i know... vanity thy name is woman and all that hooey, but really. i don't think i can be classified as vain...

i mean when i was a kid, everytime i stood in front of a mirror [ just to comb my hair mind u ] for more than 15 seconds? my mom wud start clearing her throat. if it crossed over to more than 30 seconds, she'd be staring a hole into my back and if i stood in front of a mirror for 2 minutes, she'd bluntly ask me who the guy was....
< rolling my eyes >
i guess thats spawned the years of not-combing-my-hair-at-all habit...

i remember this one time as a teenager, i was esp happy to get a new dress and someone had told me i was looking particularly nice... and i remember telling that to my grandma happily.. u know? and she rolls her eyes at me and tells me even a jackass looks good at 16.
:D
by god! did i burst out laughing once i got over my speechlessness.... heyy come ON, that WAS a first.
i had certainly never been compared to a jackass before !!!

well anyhooo i'd say there are worse things than looking like the psychotic woman on the ring movie. which i haven't watched...aah well.

QoD
"you say psycho like its a bad thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment