Thursday, September 6, 2007

liSTeN tO mE

i give lots of advice to ppl. usually.

being a long suffering martyr in the area , yet witnessing so many love couplings happening around me... i always give advice, well... ahem.. mebe not always the best..

girl( who i know thru my roomie and not that well): i don't know wat to dooooo.. (long wail) i love my boyfriend, but my parents won't agree.
me: why not? where is he??
girl: he just got here.. and its an inter caste thing. i tell u if u wanna fall in love , u better make sure its within the same caste.
me: thnx will keep that in mind
(with as straight a face as i can manage without pulling some muscle in my face)i'm sure its gonna happen. me falling in love.
any minute now.

girl: ofcourse it will honey ( well she's nice enuf to try to console me, thinking as she is that i'm heartbroken at the lack of another complication in life.. yup thats all i need an intercaste interreligion love story to make my life more interesting. why don't i do one better and join a cult while i'm at it? )

me: anyways, so wats the porb. ur both here and ur parents r at back home...
girl: yes i know. they finally said yes, after all these yrs.. but u know theyr old. u know how they r , they may change their mind anytiiiiiiiime ( another long wail)
me: yes old ppl are generally senile. thats true. well since they've said yes this week u shud just go to Las Vegas and get married. after all u can tell them that, since they already said yes u found no sense in waiting and u thot they were senile and wud change their mind any minute.
( i look back serenely while she stares at me as if ive lost my mind..)

its at this point when i cud have really dug deep inside of me, for my latent debating skills to convince her of my excellent plan, while my roomie realizes what i'm upto and pounces on me before her impressionable friend actually decides i'm making any sense at all.

oh darn !! i was this close too .....

:D
yeah... devil spawn aint the half of it ...

1 comment: